Re: word 2000/2002 headers

  • From: Anna K Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 08:15:41 -0600

Hi, Jason,

Two things.  To set up headers in Word 2000, choose headers and footers
from the view menu.  This will put you into a pane where you can type in
what you want for your header.  I haven't figured out, though, how to
change headers within a document.  Also, pressing alt, then control-tab
with the header pane open will put you onto the header menu bar, which
gives you some options.  It appears that by typing the header, then
pressing enter for a line space, then typing again puts you onto   the
footer pane, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.  When I printed/ scanned
my document, though, that's what happened.  the 'insert autotext' option
has to do with assigning the document some pre-printed stuff; 'company
name: ...' like that. F6 switches from the header pane to the
document.  All the page headers are in the header pane, so you can read
them.  turning off the header pane (view menu, uncheck headers/footers) you
can read the document header with the JAWS cursor.  I haven't found a way
to read the footer outside the header/footer pane, though.

I have pasted below the information about Excel headers for Excel 2002 from
the Project Assist tutorial, thinking that it's probably very similar to
Word 2002 which I don't have.  For what it's worth, here you are.  good luck!

Ann

8-

Topic: Creating Headers and Footers

Introduction.  Headers and footers allow you to include the same
information on every printed page such as the workbook title, your name, or
a page number. Excel automatically makes the necessary adjustments to
ensure that the header and/or footer information appears on each printed
page. A header and footer can include as much information as necessary for
your workbook.

Remember, inserting header and footer information affects the amount of
worksheet data that will fit on a single printed page.

Exercise Objectives.  In the following three exercises, you will review the
Header/Footer tabbed page on the Page Setup dialog box and enter header and
footer information for the Orders worksheet.

Exercise: Reviewing the Header/Footer Tabbed Page
Complete the following eleven steps to review the Header/Footer tabbed page
on the Page Setup dialog box.

Step 1:  Press Alt-V to pull down the View menu. JFW announces, "Menu
Active  Normal Checked."

Step 2:  Press the Down Arrow key until the Header and Footer command is
selected. JFW announces, "Header and Footer  Dot Dot Dot  H." Then, press
Enter to execute the Header and Footer command.

The Page Setup dialog box appears. JFW announces, "Leaving Menus  Page
Setup Dialog   Header/Footer Page  Header/Footer Tab."

The Page Setup dialog box has four tabbed pages: Page, Margins,
Header/Footer, and Sheet. When you use the Header and Footer command on the
View menu, the Page Setup dialog box always opens to the Header/Footer
tabbed page.

Step 3:  Press Tab to move to the Header combo box. JFW announces, "Header:
Combo Box  (none)."

The Header combo box contains a list of pre-defined header elements. These
elements include page numbers, the worksheet name, the workbook name, the
date, your name, and your company or organization's name. You may choose a
pre-defined element only, choose to customize the header with your own
information, or use a combination of pre-defined elements and your own
information.

Note:  When you choose a pre-defined header element, Excel centers the
information at the top of the page.

Step 4:  Press Tab to move to the Custom Header button. JFW announces,
"Custom Header  Dot Dot Dot  Button  Alt-C."

Activate the Custom Header button if you want to add your own information
to the header. When you activate the Custom Header button, the Header
dialog box appears. Use the Header dialog box to enter your header information.

Step 5:  Press Tab to move to the Custom Footer button. JFW announces,
"Custom Footer  Dot Dot Dot  Button  Alt-U."

Activate the Custom Footer button if you want to enter your own information
to the footer. When you activate the Custom Footer button, the Footer
dialog box appears. Use the Footer dialog box to enter your footer information.

Step 6:  Press Tab to move to the Footer combo box. JFW announces, "Footer:
Combo Box (none)."

The Footer combo box contains a list of pre-defined footer elements, such
as page numbers, the worksheet name, the workbook name, the date, your
name, and your company or organization's name. You may choose a pre-defined
element only, choose to customize the footer with your information, or use
a combination of pre-defined elements and your information.

Note:  When you choose a pre-defined footer element, Excel centers the
information at the bottom of the printed page.

Step 7:  Press Tab to move to the OK button. JFW announces, "OK Button."

Activate the OK button once you have entered your header and footer
information.

Step 8:  Press Tab to move to the Cancel button. JFW announces, "Cancel
Button."

Activate the Cancel button when you decide not to add a header or footer or
accept a change you have made.