RE: what is Microbloat?

  • From: "Cy Selfridge" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:44:00 -0600

It is the essence of Microsoft.
One has to admit that Microsoft has expanded the operating system to
completely gobble up all available resources and still want more.
While I recognize that XP has certainly done a lot to "help" the user it
sure does require a whole lot more horsepower to run than did DOS. (LOL)
How one was able to run WordPerfect with only 32K of RAM is unimaginable in
today's software gloat.
For that matter, as I recall, when I got my first JAWS installation and
Windows 3.0 or so I had a whopping 90K of RAM, a 475K hard drive and I
thought I had all of the room anyone would ever need in a micro computer...
(man, how stupid I was)
I now have a gig of RAM and550 gig of hard drive and I worry about running
out of room....
Cy, the Ancient Okie...