RE: upgrading Vista Using JAWS

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:21:30 -0700

Hi Ray and list,
I'l answer Paul's queston first: my tutorials are located at
www.blind-geek-zone.net/audio. It is also located at www.blindcooltech.com.
Look for A Guide to Windows Vista - that is the title of my tutorials
series.
As to Ray's question: Any version will do - Home Premium to Ultimate,
Business to Ultimate, etc. And yes, you need Ultimate for Media Center. I
haven't tried Full version flavor, but I guess that the theory on upgrade -
that you can use Narator to install Windows - would be valid for Full
version. In Full Install, you need to customize few more things such as
where to install Windows, language and time formats and so forth. In this
case, when the computer reboots, you are in DVD mode - where the installer
will run from the installation DVD. After few settings has been entered, the
dVD iage of the version of Vista you are installing will be expanded and
copied to the hard disk. After this has be3en done, your computer will
reboot and the hard drive based installer will run, allowing you to use
Narator from that point.
Cheers,
Joseph