Re: update question for jaws 9.0 for laptop

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:43:49 +0000

And this is what will happen when I upgrade the RAM from 1GB to 2GB on my netbook. This is an example of "internal" signature changes.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

I am also on Facebook.

On 26/12/2009 18:30, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I don't know where you get the idea that changing hardware shouldn't
have an effect on activation, FS is upfront that activation is based
on a computer hardware signature, if you change the (internal)
hardware that signature changes and jaws thinks it is running on a
different computer.

I will admit that I am somewhat surprised that a CD drive contributes
to that signature, but I am not at all surprised that video cards do
(I've changed both in my current computer and had to re-activate each
time).  This is what the reset activation count bit on the fsactive
site is for.

On 12/26/09, robert Doc Wright<talmidim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
It shoudn't  have an effect but niether should changing hardware in your pc
have an affect and it sometimes does.