Re: speech engines

please explain more for me thanks
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bruce Toews" <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 5:59 AM
Subject: Re: speech engines


> Yes and no.
>
> Bruce
>
> -- 
> Bruce Toews
> E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx
> Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries): http://www.ogts.net
> For the best oldies anywhere visit http://www.treasureislandoldies.com
>
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Sun Sparkle wrote:
>
>> so what you are saying is that dec talk does a better job am i right or 
>> am i
>> in the dark?
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Bruce Toews" <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
>> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 11:19 PM
>> Subject: Re: speech engines
>>
>>
>>> I find that DecTalk in general, while the voice could be said to be
>>> clearer, has a much lower accuracy rate than does Eloquence when it 
>>> comes
>>> to pronunciation. That being said, I have a DecTalk and like it.
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bruce Toews
>>> E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx
>>> Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries): http://www.ogts.net
>>> For the best oldies anywhere visit http://www.treasureislandoldies.com
>>>
>>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Sun Sparkle wrote:
>>>
>>>> has anyone noticed that the dectalk access 32 reads the words better 
>>>> and
>>>> can understand more how words are accually spoken?
>>>> do you have tobe authorized to use dec talk access 32?
>>>> just wondering if so why?
>>>> and what version of equalance is jaws using at this time i heard 6.1 
>>>> but
>>>> not to sure?
>>>> --
>>>> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
>>>> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject 
>>>> line.
>>>> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>>>>
>>>> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, 
>>>> or
>>>> the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather
>>>> contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>
>>> --
>>> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
>>> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>>> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>>>
>>> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
>>> the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather
>>> contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
>> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>>
>> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or 
>> the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather 
>> contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
> --
> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
> Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or 
> the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather 
> contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 


--
To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the 
way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the 
list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Other related posts: