Re: showing people what a web page looks like

  • From: "john.falter" <john.falter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:12:43 -0500

You might try adjusting JAWS option,
document presentation
screen layout.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:33 PM
Subject: showing people what a web page looks like

I'm having difficulty reading flyers on a store's web site. I want to write to the producers of the flyer to see if they can make it more accessible. I tried to use Jaws to copy the page and paste into a email message but it doesn't look at all like the way Jaws represents it. I tried both options for copying text and got different results that didn't look like the virtual pc. Select and Copy - Full content using onscreen highlight and Select and Copy - From Virtual Cursor.

I am running IE7 and Jaws 10.

I also tried virtualise the current window with jawskey-control-w. I selected all the text and pasted that. Wonder of wonders. It shows the text I could not read with the virtual pc cursor or with the copy from virutal PC.

This is very confusing.

Bob