setting up yahoo to go through outlook express

  • From: "chevelle" <chevelle33@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:25:44 -0500

Hi someone on this list asked for instructions for setting up yahoo with
outlook. I found some instructions on a website. If you want to see where I got
these instructions yourself go to www.jfwlite.com, and select the programs
link. Select the yahoo pop 3 homepage link. Once there select the configuring
yahoo link. You will find different articles. The one I selected says for
outlook express. If you want to download the pop3 program I would suggest doing
it from the homepage instead of the jfwlite homepage because it sounds like
there have been some patches to the program, and I don't know if the jfwlite
homepage would hae the latest version. Here are the instructions:
1. Select Tools -> Email accounts from the main menu
2. Select Add a new email account and click o­n Next

3. Select POP3 as the Server Type. Click Next

4. Enter your username and full Yahoo! email address under 'User Information'

5. Enter your Yahoo! Login id and password under 'Logon Information'

6. Enter 'localhost' as your Incoming mail server

7. Enter 'localhost' as the Outgoing mail server

8. Click o­n the More Settings button and select the Advanced tab

9. Increase the Server Timeout to 'Long' (5 minutes)

10. Select the Outgoing Server tab

11. Enable "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication". Select "Log o­n
using" and enter your Yahoo Mail address as the username and your Yahoo

Mail password as the password.

12. Click Ok to close the More Settings dialog

13. Click Next and then Finish