say all problem word 2007

  • From: Michael Arnowitt <foodsong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:17:55 -0400

Using Word 2007 and Jaws 10, for the last week I've had some irregular problems with starting and stopping a say all. When I press control, it sometimes bumps the cursor back to the beginning of the sentence where I stopped the read, or sometimes a few words into the next sentence, thereby skipping a few words.

More importantly, when I hav it resume reading, it goes back to where I started the first say all instead of continuing from where I pressed control. According to sighted help, the text cursor (insertion point) does move on the screen when I press control, but I guess the say all works off a different cursor - sorry not to know the details of this too well - and the two cursors which used to be linked aren't any more?

Do I have a jaws setting wrong? I did notice recently one of my Word settings in Jaws got changed after a program crash, so it's possible something else also got changed without my knowing it. I also have Magic on if that matters.

Michael

Alternative archives located at: