Re: removing Jaws - keyboard remanents

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:32:21 -0500

It sounds like the wrong keyboard driver is being used for that particular
keyboard.

You might want to delete the current keyboard driver and reboot the computer,
to see if windows will detect and install the right driver for your keyboard.

Otherwise, you will have to go to the web site of the keyboard manufacturer and
download the appropriate driver for your particular keyboard.

Not so long ago, I went to someone's house to try and solve some computer
problems they were having.  They told me that the keyboard did not function
properly.

Initially, the computer came with a keyboard that had a PS2 connection.

The person, then decided they wanted a Wireless keyboard.  they plugged in the
base unit into the PS2 mouse and keyboard sockets but, omitted to install the
software driver that would interact between the keyboard and Windows

And, of course, I asked them if they still had the installation CD or if they
new where it was?

Of course, they did not.  And as time was limited on that day, I did not get a
chance to fix the problem.

The result was, that the computer still treated the new wireless keyboard as if
it was the original keyboard.

Thus, confusion ruled ok!

sincerely:

Dave Durber