real speak solo voice profile question

  • From: "Brian Giles" <briangiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 18:58:01 -0700

Hi all,

First off, I'm new to the list.

:The new voice profiles in JAWS 10 sound like they could have some really
neat benefits, especially with the real speak solo direct when I start
getting back into taking Spanish classes next year. I occasionally like to
switch to the real speak solo direct profile and use the computer just as I
always have with eloquence. I don't do it often though, because it's not
quite as snappy as eloquence is. I have a highly customized sound scheme
that I use on the Internet. I.E. I have links spoken in a different voice
with eloquence and I love that. When I switch to the real speak profile
though, obviously the scheme is still active. Since I only have one real
speak voice that I like right now, I prefer to have JAWS behave just as it
always has on the Internet, doing things like saying the word link when I
encounter one. Right now it'll just tell me the text that is associated with
the link since I'm just using my modified sound scheme. I know I can hit
alt+Insert+S and pick the classic scheme, but is there a way that I could
have it automatically do that when ever I switched to the real speak
profile?

Brian