query: AVG

  • From: "Renette Bloem" <renette@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 16:01:30 +0200

Hi everybody who try to solve the mystery of the "AVG deadline" message

I still cannot explain the once off dialogue box that I received containing
the "AVG deadline" sentence.

I checked, after Robert suggested that I might have installed a trial
version, although I did not think that was the problem.

What I found, was that I still had AVG 7.1 installed on the laptop (where I
got the "deadline" message and where I thought I have successfully installed
7.5.

(Trial versions of AVG are available, but not for the AVG free edition.
Further more, trial versions remain "valid" for 30 days.  I have only
"installed" the new version of AVG one week ago).

On my desktop computer AVG 7.5 was indeed successfully installed and I also
never received the "AVG deadline" message there.

AVG 7.5 now also is successfully installed on my laptop.

Perhaps the "deadline" message  was a way of informing AVG 7.1 Free users
that there is a new version out (7.5) and that 7.1 will only be "maintained"
until January 2007 when it will be necessary to install the latest (7.5)
version?

Renette