problems with clicking on links in Jaws 9 and 10

  • From: "CrisMunoz54" <crismunoz54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "CrisMunoz54" <crismunoz54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:59:52 -0700

Hello list,

Recently, I've been noticing some issues when I try to click on link in
either Firefox or IE. This would happen from time to time when using Jaws 9
and when it did, it would occur more in Firefox. However, after installing
the beta 10 version, I've noticed it to be a more frequent occurance in 10
and now, I'm even noticing it more and more in Jaws 9. I don't know if it's
possible that 10 is somehow messing with 9 or what or if perhaps I'm just
noticing it more now in Jaws 9 now that I'm using the beta 10 version.

In any event, what happens is that I'll press enter on a link and I'll
either be taken to a different part of the page and have to go back to the
link and either press enter again (this usually works) or arrow a few
characters into the word or arrow a word or two into the words that make up
the link and press enter for it to activate properly. Also, when I click on
a link, I'll sometimes be taken to a totally different page as though I
click on a completely different link.

Like I said, this would happen from time to time in version 9, but not
really all that frequently to warrant much notice. It would especially
happen whenever I was in the various ESPN.com pages,  but it's only gotten
worse and worse since trying version 10. Enough to the point that it's
almost becoming a hit or miss proposition when I click on a link. On certain
pages, for example when I check my live scoring in my nfl.com fantasy
football league, I'll have to bring up the links list in order to be able to
activate a particular link. If not, I'll keep on being thrown onto a
different part of the page time and time again.

Has anyone else come across this issue in either Jaws 9 or 10 and if so,
have you noticed it getting worse after playing with Jaws 10? Do you know
what might be the problem? Fixable on my end or if it's just a jaws issue
that needs to be address?

Thanks,
Cristobal