problems with a Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000 keyboard

  • From: "Rik James" <Ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:49:08 -0700

When you buy something, half the time nobody even puts any directions with it,
accessible or otherwise.

We purchased a new ergonomic mouse & keyboard desk set of the Microsoft
Wireless Comfort 5000.
It is all fancied up with lots of special keys called Favorite keys.

The thing constantly pops up wanting me to assign a Favorites key.  I have
tried to disable it, but cannot figure it out.
And to top it off, my ALT + TAB no longer works to switch between programs.

With JAWS, trying to figure out where the focus is is giving me more gray hairs.

I have tried to just uninstall the software that it came with. But it does not
seem to help.

Or does anyone know how to contact someone in person with this product?
The Microsoft website has lots of stuff about it, but nothing that I can find
tells how to disable the functions.
It seems this product is designed for Windows 7. I am using XP Pro.  But it
does list that operating system as well.

Thanks for any suggestions or information.
Richard