problems with Nod32 on my laptop

  • From: "Troy Burnham" <homerun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 23:03:38 -0600

Hi All,
Actually I'm having 2 problems with Nod32 on my laptop computer.

First I can't make it automatically update itself.  I only have 256 megs of
ram on the laptop though so I may just not give it enough time to do the
update, especially since I don't turn the laptop on every day and I have
Windows updates being done automatically and I don't know which it would do
first, look for Windows updates or for Nod32 virus updates.

My other problem is that even when I try to do the updates manually, I end
up having to enter my user name and password every time before it will
download the update although the user name and password are already there.

I also have Nod32 on my desktop computer, and when I purchased the software
a month ago I purchased the multiuser license and have installed it on both
computers, but the updates are done automatically on the desktop every
morning when I boot up.  I have it set to only check in the mornings because
it notifies me when an update has been done and I don't like it doing that
when I'm trying to work during the day.

Anyway if anybody can tell me why the automatic update isn't working on the
laptop when the desktop is working normally and they are set up the same way
I'd appreciate it, and if somebody knows why I have to reenter my user name
and password every time that I do a manual update on the laptop I'd
appreciate knowing that as well.  If the automatic update is just slow
because of the lack of memory that problem will be solved soon because I
plan to get more ram put in it very soon.
Troy