problem with JFW 8 and latest windows live messenger.

  • From: "Allison Mervis" <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "com, blindtech@yahoogroups. " <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "net, blindcooltech@lists. luv2bablyndi. " <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "List, The Mosen Explosion Discussion, " <Exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:33:02 -0500

Hi all!
A strange thing has been happening ever since I installed jaws 8 on my laptop.
Whenever I open windows live messenger, I'm presented with the field for my
email address. However, I'm not always able to type into this field. I tested
this by using the left arrow key to back up a character, and Jaws only said
blank. I usually have to alt tab away from the program in order for it to let
me type in my email address or password. When tabbing from the email address
field to the password field, Jaws does not acknowledge that I've navigated to
another edit field. So I usually have to go to the desktop and/or alt tab back
into the program again. I'm then able to review what I've typed, but then, when
I hit enter to log in, I get an error saying that I cannot be logged in, and
that my email address and/or password may be typed incorrectly. But they are
indeed typed correctly. I am at my whit's end trying to figure out what is
wrong. I originally thought that this couldn't be a jaws issue, and ran a
repair on windows live messenger with no change in behavior. Any and all
assistance would be greatly appreciated. Warmest holiday wishes to you all!
Allison