notepad shortcut saga finally solved!

  • From: "tom behler" <tombehler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws users e-mail list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 22:42:03 -0600

Hey, all.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally solved my notepad shortcut
problem.

I did what a number of folks suggested.  I deleted everything in the way of
notepad shortcuts from both the desk top and start menu.  Then, I did a
search on the hard drive of the computer for the original notepad.exe file.
I selected that file, went into properties, created an icon for it on the
desk top, and then created the actual shortcut.

I have also made Braille print-outs of the most important instructions you
provided for future reference, in case I ever run into this problem again.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience and persistence.

Now, if I can get Jaws working right with Thunderbird on my work laptop, I
should be all set.  But, I have someone working with me off list on that
whole thing.

Tom Behler in Colorado

Alternative archives located at: