nextup.com and other voices with Jaws

  • From: "Lynn Schneider" <caneprints1482@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:44:40 -0800

I was poking around on the nextup.com web site, which was recommended by others
on this list for the purchase of additional SAPI voices.  I found three or four
voices that I'd really like to have, but my understanding from reading the
information on their site is that you have to purchase one of the programs from
Nextup, such as Text Aloud, in order to get the voices.  I don't mind buying a
program to get the voices, but I am wondering how safe these programs are, both
from a security standpoint (malware) and an accessibility standpoint (if they
will cause problems with Jaws).  Is there anything specific I should be aware
of before purchasing anything from Nextup?  The site is very interesting and
I'd love to have some of those voices, such as Mike and Crystal!  Thanks for
any input you can offer.