Re: need help with FTP voyager

  • From: Chris Cant <christopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:12:39 +0100

Hi there Troy,
if it's a folder you want all of the stuff in it, then what I do with
voiger is this, hi light the folder you want to download then just press
the alt F, down arrow to get,   and then press enter on get, that's the
item you want is the get item, once you've pressed enter on get then it'll
open a dialog box and ask you where on your computer you want to put it?
once it's established where you want the folder to go it'll always use that
folder until you want to change it, if then you wish to use those short cut
keys to download more and you want them in that directory then go ahead and
use those hot keys.
hope this helps

Regards

Chris Cant.

At 04:55 13/06/2005, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>I just tried to go ahead and download the wave sound files that I will be
>transcribing tomorrow for my new job and although I got it done I have no
>idea how I did it, and besides the files ended up in the root directory of
>my c drive instead of in the folder that I wanted them to go to.
>
>A friend of mine sent me some instructions and they say to highlight all of
>the files that I want to download, make sure that the folder that I want to
>download to is highlighted, then hit alt-i and g and press enter for the
>download to begin.  It was kind of disconcerting doing all of that though
>because once I highlighted all of the files with alt-A when I pressed alt-i
>and then g and enter Jaws gave me no verbal feedback as to what was taking
>place.
>
>I then went in and highlighted the files again and hit ctrl-D, which I found
>out on my own the other day will start a download in FTP voyager, and it was
>then that I realized that the files were indeed on my hard drive, just not
>in the folder where I wanted them and that is the reason that I don't know
>which of my procedures did the downloading, even reading the status line
>with insert pagedown didn't really tell me anything when the files were
>supposedly downloading.
>
>Can anybody tell me the correct procedure to download anything from an FTP
>site using FTP voyager, and can you also tell me why my files didn't end up
>in the folder that I wanted them in although it was highlighted?
>
>Thanks in advance, I am going to bed now but I will read any responses
>tomorrow morning when I get up.  Smile.
>Troy
>
>--

Would you like to join us in our new access group? are you a beginner and
just learning access technology?
Are you an  access trainer? Can you help us here,
  Would help and a good friendship group  suit your needs? Then come and
join us, speak to us in a voice chat environment? Give help and receive it
too, come one come all help is just a voice chat room away on
www.tafn.org.uk
with our ventrilo service
Regards

Chris Cant