muted still

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:40:16 +0100

 I have tried every thing I know, the draw is empty,the machine loads up,lovely
blue screen,then icons in left side of screen then Jaws blue flag, no sound at
all, I may have to waylay a stranger if I cannot get sound back,this old laptop
 is still going thank god it is a toshiba,solid and withstood a lotof knocks,
well oneof you asked for a good make itis not light  however, is why I puton a
tea trolley and have a full keyboard pluggedin,I can putkeyboardon lower shelf
and push around house,best to turn off first, also do not use laptop in a
garden hammock I am going to try and get help,not even a tandem link up can fix
if muted I have to be able to type in a code,I must find a permanent fix for
the problemof desktop muting,2 times this year dorothy