msn, hotmail, and windows life with jfw confusion

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:37:42 -0500

Hi, all, I sent the following message to this list anticipating some fantastic
help and got no response.  Is it not on topic enough or can nobody at all help
me clear these issues up?  Please consider responding to the following message.
 I can be reached privately at jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Thanks and have a
blessed day.  Here is the resent message.
Hi, all, I'm confused about msn, windows live messenger, hotmail, and windows
hotmail.  I have msn on my machine but it's an earlier version.  I hit enter on
it and it put an msn installer on my desktop.  I don't have a hotmail account
yet because I'm nervous about any graphical info needed for signing up as I
live by myself and can't see the identification capture graphics.  Is there a
difference between windows live hotmail and regular hotmail, and which does jfw
work best with?  How about msn and windows live?  Which is most appropriate.  I
don't know whether to sign up with what I have, and when I get on the internet,
I have DSL and my automatic home page is msn.com and microsoft, and I'm either
taken to the sign in for windows live where it asks for ID, or RSS feeds.  How
invasive is MSN or windows live?  I got yahoo messenger and took it off as I
found it to be too invasive.  Are there chat rooms in msn and windows live, and
can you find a random chat partner or contact, or do you have to know
somebody's ID for them to contact you or you contact them?  If there is some
kind of random finding of chat partners feature, how well does jaws work with
this?  I use Jfw 9, and I used to use ICQ years ago.  Thanks for help and have
a blessed day.