Re: losing sound

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 03:21:33 -0700

Since you have Quickmix, it seems to me you're well on your way to a
solution.  For those not familiar with it, and there is a Main Menu program
about it, Quickmix is a free program that lets you save different volume
control configurations and easily recall them by activating this or that
.qmx file.

I've seen several JAWS users have this kind of problem if they share their
computer.

I assume you have saved your desired volume control settings in
Quickmix.  Why not simply make a shortcut to that file that you put on the
desktop and either name the shortcut with a character unique to your
desktop icons, or assign a hotkey to it?  Let's say you name the desktop
icon xnormal volume.  Now, if you boot your system and have no speech
because the volume has been muted, simply hit windows key+m followed by x
and your volume is back to normal.

Write back of you need clarification.

Dean