Re: listening to live radio broadcasts

  • From: Kenlawrence124@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:10:54 EDT

Hi Paul, Some stations have a direct URL on the player, I Don't know about
that one, especially since from my experience with it, ABC stations are a
bit  kooky.  I can tell you that Clear Channel stations all have the same
Suffix  after the URL to the main site.  For Example our classic rock station
here.  if you ever want to go to a clear channel station to listen live to
it, you add the same suffix to all of them.  So to use the classic rock
station you just type in _www.q1043.com/cc-common/streaming_new_
(http://www.q1043.com/cc-common/streaming_new) .   I'm not sure but there maybe
is a way
to find the direct URL.  If WLS is  like Los Angeles classic rock station
KLOS, that knocked me for a loop  Huh?  I couldn't figure out why listen live
didn't work.  you had to  click that and then a click here to listen live.
Bet WLS is the same  way.

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by it's
constitution.

In a message dated 9/21/2009 5:19:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jfw-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

jfw  Digest    Mon, 21 Sep 2009    Volume: 06  Issue:  1116

In This Issue:
Re: GMail
Re: normalising mp3's
user  friendly printer
Gmail
Re: normalising mp3's
Re: user friendly  printer
Re: normalising mp3's
Re: normalising mp3's
RE: user  friendly printer
Listening to live radio  broadcasts
Video Intercept  Errors

From:  "Rissal" <rissalakkouche@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GMail
Date:  Tue, 22 Sep 2009 03:01:52 +1000

its so easy but i have a problem in  writing the steps that's all lol
From: "G.W. Cox"  <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: normalising mp3's
Date: Mon, 21  Sep 2009 11:11:08 -0600

Try Mp3gain. I suggest testing it to learn  their terms.
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
From: "Jane Withers"  <pitre4@xxxxxxx>
Subject: user friendly printer
Date: Mon, 21 Sep  2009 12:48:12 -0500

Apparently my new toner has ruined my HP laser jet  printer, and I am
interested in going to a laser multifunctional printer. I am  advised that
these
do not seem to be user friendly, and I am wondering what  you folks think
about this. Two important features are my slot for check  printing and
envelope printing. Please  advise.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009  11:16:00 -0700
Subject: Gmail
From: Jyotsna Kaki  <jyotsnakaki@xxxxxxxxxx>

Here are help center documents for  screen reader users that you may
find helpful:

Note: You can only  edit contacts in the standard view of Gmail.

For basic Html  view:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=146375

For  standard  view:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=90559

--
Thank you
Jyotsna Kaki

------------------------------

From:  "Kathye and Gene" <kathyeandgene@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:16:14 -0400

I use  mp3gain.  It is very jfw friendly
i have a number of mp3 files  which i would like to have burned to a cd.

my question is  this:

is there a jaws friendly freeware program that i can use  to have the level
of the songs in mp3 format normalised so that they all can  be burned to
disk and all are at the same volume level?

Any help  is greatly appreciated.

regards.

stephen  faill

__________ NOD32 4444 (20090921) Information  __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus  system.
http://www.eset.com

------------------------------

From:  "onwardbob" <onwardbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: user friendly  printer
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:34:00 -0700

On a somewhat related  topic; is their a way to use JFW to fill out a
check?
From: "Marc  Rocheleau" <marcrocheleau82@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:59:12 -0400

Hey there,
Hey  there,
I use a program called mp3gain that works fairly well. Sometimes you  have
to listen back to the mp3s to make sure they aren't too loud or quiet
afterwards still but I find it works better than a normalization option
(Windows
Media Player has one for burning CDs too) in the long run. For  whatever
reason, I find that any normalize function can be hit or miss so you  also
have to use your own ears to judge as well.

Mp3gain amplifies the  mp3 itself but also gives you the option to undo
gain changes. So with this  program you'd do all the volume gaining before
burning the CD.

Hope  this  helps!

-Marc

------------------------------

From:  "stephen faill" <stephen.faill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:18:29 +0100

hello to all  that have replied to my post on this subject.
i have downloaded and used  the mp3 gain program and it seems to be exactly
what i am looking  for.

i have only tried a few different tracks and without any  information or
reference on what i am doing and it seems to be doing the job  nicely.

i will do a little research and learn the program before  hopefully burning
my disks.

thanks to everyone who has helped out  here.

regards.

stephen faill

I use a program called mp3gain that works fairly well.  Sometimes you have
to listen back to the mp3s to make sure they aren't too  loud or quiet
afterwards still but I find it works better than a normalization  option
(Windows
Media Player has one for burning CDs too) in the long run. For  whatever
reason, I find that any normalize function can be hit or miss so you  also
have to use your own ears to judge as well.

Mp3gain  amplifies the mp3 itself but also gives you the option to undo
gain changes.  So with this program you'd do all the volume gaining before
burning the  CD.

Hope this helps!

-Marc

09/21/09  05:51:00

------------------------------

From: "Bissett, Tom"  <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:41:45  -0400

I do not have a specific  printer to recommend but I found that with the
new multi function machine many  use a browser interface where you can work
with the machine as though you were  at the machines control panel.  This is
something you want to look at  when choosing.

------------------------------

From: "Paul  Filpus" <paul1009@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Listening to live radio  broadcasts
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:49:45 -0400

Hello Listers,
I  like to log on to live internet radio broadcasts, such as WLS in
Chicago, but  I have to tab through a huge number of links before I can get to
the
one on  which to click. I've set a favorite while listening, but it always
takes me to  the WLS home page. Is there a quick way to get to the "click
here to listen  live" link? I've also tried to enter v (for visited( but that
doesn't respond.

Paul

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21  Sep 2009 16:30:35 -0400
From: Chris Smart  <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Video Intercept Errors

Hi  folks.  I thought I would ask here about my problem, just in
case I  can fix it tonight before calling FS tech support tomorrow.

I'm having  the dreaded video intersept is not installed
error.  Even when I pick  the "install video intersept and restart
system" option, sometimes the  system restarts, sometimes nothing
happens. In either case, the video  intersept error comes up again
as soon as I start JFW.

I've tried  uninstalling Jaws only and reinstalling, plus
uninstalling with system  components also being removed and
reinstalling, with no luck. I've also  tried running a Repair
instead of u uninstall.

Is there anything  else you folks can think of that I can try?  I'm
sorry for any typos  in this message. I can hear what I'm typing as
I type, but I can't review  or edit.

Thanks in advance for any  suggestions
Chris

End of  jfw Digest V6  #1116