Re: links in e-mail messages

  • From: James Homuth <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:04:49 -0400

Unfortunately, that has to do with how the email is sent, not how you're viewing it. If a person types in just the URL, then that's how it'll show up in your email client when you read it. Usually this happens when a person either sends an email in plain text, or just in general doesn't use any HTML in their email. Since most clients will read HTML emails, anyone who decides to make use of that will compose a hyperlink the way you're asking about. Here's hoping that explanation didn't confuse you too much... it's late and I haven't had my caffeine yet.

James,
List Admin
At 09:45 PM 7/30/2006, you wrote:
Hello, Everyone:

When receiving a-mail messages that contain links to websites it shows up as http//:***.com. How do you get the active link to show up instead of the http thing.

Thanks,

Alicia

-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw