RE: knowing when message is sent

  • From: "Trent, Mike" <Mike.Trent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:06:41 -0500

Sounds like you may actually be wanting to know if the message is delivered.
Most E-mail programs provide for receipts. Outlook provides two types of
receipt, one to show when the message is delivered and one to show when it
is read. The latter is not reliable but it sounds like the former is what
you want. I don't know which e-mail program you are using so I can't tell
you how to turn it on.