Re: jfw-admins

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:40:45 -0500

Amando,

Yesterday I also tried to reach James and Bruce through the link James gave.
When my message was rejected by his server, like yours, I tried James's direct
email, but with no response.

I want to dissociate myself from the comments a couple of listers made about
your English. We had a rash of this about a year ago with another foreign
lister. I admire all people who contribute to this list even when English isn't
their first language. Some of the most generous contributors are from other
countries, and I am deeply grateful for the trouble they take to communicate
and help the rest of us. All people, whether asking or answering questions, are
surely welcome so long as their issue is Jaws-related. I'm certain the vast
majority of subscribers share my view.

I really wanted to have James or Bruce make this statement, but not hearing
from them for 24 hours left a vacuum that needs to be filled. This list is
readily accessed through Google, and it would be terrible not to have someone
go on record as condemning the xenophobic comments that certain listers made
yesterday.

Adrian Spratt