Re: jfw and oe

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:30:09 -0400

    Here's how I stopped JAWS from saying read only edit in Outlook
Express.  I'm still running JFW 6.0 and don't know if it works with
6.1 and 6.2.  My verbosity options were already set to advanced and so
changing them to advanced didn't work here.  The tip worked on my Win
98 se machine and on my XP Home one.

Press insert six for the configuration manager.
Press control shift D for the default file.
Press alt S for the set options menu.
Press M for the speech and sounds manager options.
Tab and enter on the edit current scheme button.
Control tab to the control type tab.
Press R in the listview until you hear read only edit.
Tab to the set of radio buttons and arrow down to the radio button for
ignore.
Tab and enter on okay.
Tab and enter on okay again.
Enter on yes to save the changes to the sound scheme.
Press alt f4 to leave configuration manager and enter on yes to save
the
changes.
You may need to restart jaws for the change to take effect.

    Hope this helps,
Margaret

Robert wrote:

Of course, you are now reading your messages in HTML format. Some say
this
leaves you more susceptible to viruses that can be embedded in HTML
text.
Others say with an up-to-date virus checker that this is in fact not
an
issue. Usually, I read my messages in HTML but if I seem to be getting
bunch of unusual messages in my In-box, I will read in plain text for
while. I use message rules so various lists are sorted into their
separate
mail boxes.
Another way I have heard to stop this "read only edit" business is to
set
your verbosity settings to advanced but I have not tried this but of
course
it would not be a big deal to try it if you wished.