RE: jfw Digest V5 #1458

  • From: <randy.eddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:11:25 -0500

When down loading a PDF from the Web it opens in the Browser and not in Adobe.

Solution
Uncheck the check box so that the pdf is not displayed in the Browser, but
instead it opens Adobe and displays the document in Adobe.

1.      Activate the Adobe Icon on your Desktop, to Open Adobe Reader 8.
2.      Click on the Edit menu and then the Preference menu, or press Control +
K, to open the preferences menu.
3.      If the focus is not already on the Internet option, scroll to the
Internet option, or press the "I" key, until it is selected.
4.      Click to uncheck the checkbox to Display PDF in Browser, or tab to the
checkbox and press the space bar to uncheck the check box.
5.      You may be prompted to restart your PC, if so Click the Yes button, or
press ALT+Y to activate the Yes button and restart the PC, if not prompted to
restart your PC, then proceed to step 6.
6.      Click the OK button, or tab to the OK button and press Enter.

Note:
Now when you open a PDF on the web, it will display the document, in Adobe,
instead of in the browser.  Affected users will have a much better chance of
reading it, in Adobe, then in the browser.

Randy Eddy
819 997-5493
randy.eddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Accessibility Tips
http://publiservice.gc.ca/services/act-tia/80000/80000_e.html

W3C Standards.
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/new-to-w3c

From: "Roger Levine" <rlstation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Adobe reader
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:21:02 -0800

Hi,
Try updating to version 9, check out the following address:
http://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/reader/
Roger
From:  jc<gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:26:13 -0800

 in case you do want it
gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx thought that you would be interested in SUPERAntiSpyware
to help keep your PC safe from online threats.
Please visit the following link to download your free copy:
http://www.superantispyware.com[1]

Because you were referred by gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx, you are eligible for a 25 %
discount on your purchase of SUPERAntiSpyware Professional. Please use the
discount code FRIEND to receive this instant discount when ordering.

This is not spam e-mail. It was sent to you by gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxxx Your name
has NOT been placed on any mailing nor provided to any other company as a
result of this email.

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.superantispyware.com?tag=FRIEND

------------------------------

From: "tcivi31" <tcivi31@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:56:25 -0800

Thanks! Worked well.  Tom

------------------------------

Subject: Jaws 10 and RealSpeak Solo direct voices
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:18:32 -0800
From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

First off, let me say that I've been looking at every book and topic under
Jaws Help, and have also been to the FS page with the selection of new
RealSpeak voices. Even so, I still need to ask these questions. Thanks.

I'm using Jaws 10. I'd like to install one or more voices from the RealSpeak
Solo Direct page at the FS site, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to
do.

When I click on the FTP link for a voice, I get a common download dialogue.
Fine. First of all, do I want to run or save? if it's Run, what happens? And
if it's Save I want, then in which folder of my hard drive should I place it
?

And then, how do I actually install it and get it working?

I used to use Jaws 9, and I installed the old RealSpeak voices from the Jaws
9 CD, and they all appeared in my Say All item on the Configuration Manager
Settings menu, and I knew how to get a voice working as the default Say All
voice or, if I preferred, to set it up so that if I pressed Alt key Insert
down arrow instead of the regular Say All command, the voice would kick in.
So I have that experience. But I can't figure out how to install one or more
of the new voices. this.

I hope my question is clear. Thanks for any assistance.