Re: jfw Digest V3 #49

  • From: "RCZ Enterprise" <d_zalameda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:34:50 -0800

hello Jouie!

Why you need to convert your PDF into a word document file? Since, PDF files are more smaller than a word document and yet, ADOBE 7 is very accessible with JAWS. but, if you still want to convert your PDF files into a word document file, open your PDF files and look for the File menu, and Save As... There you will find the data type you wish to convert.

Regards,

Roden
d_zalameda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jouie" <cel27@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ignorant about jfw and Acrobat
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:30:19 -0500

One problem you will have once you've downloaded your updated version of
acrobat, you may still find an empty document.
That is often because (1) the authors didn't turn on the make accessible
settings from the outset; and (2) someone just took a WORD file and scanned
it and saved it as a pdf file.

The only recourse you have is to get an OCR program that will scan the
image back into text. It isn't always reliable or accurate, but you can do
it.

If you have a scanner, the scanning software usually has an OCR engine and
a wizard that will take you through the OCR process.

There are also many stand alone OCR programs from ScanSoft, Readiris,
others. Just hook up to the web and put those names in the search box. Many
are free, and updates aren't too expensive.

----- Original Message ----- From: Marc Rocheleau To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Sunday, 08 January, 2006 18 54 Subject: Ignorant about jfw and Acrobat

Hey everyone,

I use jaws 6.0 and I am unsure of how to get .pdf files to read in Adobe
Acrobat using jaws. It's never worked for me before, although I am sure I
have heard of others using it with jaws successfully.

I have never tried actively getting it to work, as I have never really
needed acrobat, but in a class this upcoming semester, I was told by the
teacher to famliarize myself with the program and .pdf files.

I am totally ignorant on this subject so could anyone help me to get
Acrobat to be read with jaws? Thanks in advance!

-Marc

1/10/2006

------------------------------

From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: eBooks and Podcasts
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:35:05 -0500

The sound is DoubleSpeak; not bad. But audio books with narrators have the
narrator's voice instead of an electronic voice.

They usually come as MP3 files. Have you seen the audible.com site?
There are a number of others, which I have yet to investigate.

From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: Ignorant about jfw and Acrobat
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:42:59 -0500

Why not just add the jerk's address to the junk mail list?

From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RE: Once more: I have a problem with Microsoft Outlook 2003
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:46:29 -0500

I just did.

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:51:17 -0600 (CST)
From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>

This issue was dealt with days ago.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Russ & Valerie wrote:

> I just did.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Bron" <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxx>

1/10/2006

From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Admin: The bluebottle.com subscriber.
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:52:18 -0500

THANKS!

From: "rob monitor2" <mred99@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: jfw lite voice chat
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:42:11 -0600

Hi, Does any one know anything about the JFW LITE VOICE CHAT, I tried to
get in to it but it seemed not to work for me. Any help would be nice...
    THANK YOU
    ROB

From: "david ingram" <dingram269@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: JFW and Windows XP Media Centre 2005
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:31:08 -0600

What version of jaws are you using? Also do you have the standard
version of jaws or the pro version. That will make a difference. If your
computer is what they call a media center computer, then you also have the
media center version of windows which means that you'll have to upgrrade
the pro version of jaws.