jaws update

  • From: "Gery Gaubert" <ggaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:12:10 -0500

I had been told since July that the new version of jfw was coming out.  We did
get a 5.10.  I was told that there was a 5.2 that was going to come out in
September.  Apparently F.S. changed their mind and decided to wait for 6.0.
Originally when I was told that there would be a 5.10 and a 5.2 to be released
within a month or two of each other I knew that that would not happen at all.
So 5.10 was released in August and honestly I don't think we will see a 5.2 at
all.  As far as 6.0, I really don't see that coming out until after the first
of the year.  What will 6.0 have?  I hope remote access because in a news
release from 2003 FS was supposed to release a version of jfw which address the
remote access issue.  I believe that 5.10 was a waste as far as I am concerned.
 I do know that the new authorization scheme will be put in place because they
have been talking about that for over a year.  I can see how the authorization
issue is more important to them because it means no more copying of auth disks
and makes things way more secure for them and their product.  I on the other
hand need remote access.  It is becoming increasingly difficult to stay
employed without this.  I just hope that F.S. releases a version of jfw before
the end of the year and that it has remote access because I am one of many who
needs this.  It would be a Merry Christmas if this would happen.