jaws reading radio buttons

  • From: "Troy Sullivan" <troysullivan02@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:25:39 -0400

Hi all,
I'm upset at the way jaws reads radio buttons compared to other screen readers
and I haven't found a way to fix this with jaws so maybe someone here can help
me?
Here's what I'm trying to do. It seems with some radio buttons jaws will only
read the text of the button instead of the actual button. I have to route jaws
to pc then click the button with the left mouse button then go back to the pc
cursor. I feel that this is very time consuming. It's ashame that I have to
load nvda a free screen reader to acomplish this task. Is there a way to get
jaws to do this? I tried to get the jaws cursor follow the pc cursor but that
didn't seem to work either. Is there any more ideas? I would like to click on a
radio button rather then messing with cursor routing. This doesn't happen on
all radio buttons just some like on surveys and such.
Thanks.
Troy