jaws not speaking

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:15:12 +0100

 today this happened, a lady from my local association for the blind came to
read some technical plans a nearby property wants to build an extension. she
said Jaws and that new windows 7 must  be able to help? I said not much,however
 she wanted to try and I put dell 64 bit on and scanner, after a moment she
said"it has stopped saying anything, the blue flag of Jaws was up on screen and
screen full,in middle she said was a small square with name of computer name I
gave it andnext to it the word mute, I said put mouse on it,as you would at
home you use a computer yourself. she was helpless,I said find runbox and try
finding sounds and audio devices then. She was not able to do that or anything
other than say"my computer does not do this, She departed fast. I ran to garden
gate and after a while heard feet running down hill, I begged stranger to
please help me, nice  young man came in and got sound back. He said on right
hand side is a picture of a trumpet I clicked on that. Now I think this must
have been system tray, it is not a clever idea of mine to waylay total
strangers of course. How can I raise Jaws and all on windows 7 using jaws11
from dead? dorothy