Re: jaws hack fix

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:49:11 -0600

Thanks Rob
You know guys, I can't believe all the crap that's gone on. Yesterday, I
sent a message about this and everyone ripped it apart, piece by piece and
tried it out to see if it would work.  and some people even got pissed at
each other for their conduct on the list which caused James to get mad
himself, I could almost see a vain popping in his neck there.
My message was meant as a heads up, nothing more. Not one person acted in
the way that you usually act when a warning message is sent. usually
someone says thanks for the warning. Even if they don't reply saying that,
i would think that they would feel appreciative that someone would take the
time and the energy to try and warn someone, especially a new computer user
that this was happening.  A lot of people freak when they lose speech, and
if I had that happen to me I would feel scared too if I didn't understand
what was happening. It's really sad when people act this way towards
someone who is trying to look out for someone's best interests. If this
kind of activity continues, it's certainly not a good image for the list.
So, next time someone sends you a warning, just say thank you and look out
for it and take the necessary steps to try and avoid it. Don't rip it apart
9 ways to Sunday and try to figure it out.  It just makes everyone mad
including the list owner who i am sure is incredibly pissed at me right
now, and this may be my last post here. If it is, it was fun while it
lasted. Sad that I would be removed simply for trying to warn someone in a
friendly way about a bug which, to my knowledge was just discovered only a
few days ago. Ok, rant over.