RE: jaws and adobe reader problem need help

  • From: "john R. Vaughn" <jrvaughn44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:41:21 -0400

Andy, the document has not been properly prepared.  Most likely cause is
that the document was not prepared using the professional version of Adobe.

One thought, after you enter on the item, are you giving the document plenty
of time to be loaded.  If you try to start reading the document before it
fully loads, this can cause you to get the "empty document" report.
That said, sounds like the document is just not in good form.
A couple of things to try:
1. print the document and use OCR software if you have it.
2. Save and try openingit in Openbook or K1000 if you have either.  You
would have to first go in and make a change under settings for the OCR
program to  have the program scan an adobe document.  This is also a long
shot, but I have had this work.
3. I use a program called PDF converter which I purchased a few years ago to
convert PDF documents to Word.  I understand there may be a free converter
and may be that someone else can help in this thought.
Best of luck.  Well prepared Adobe documents are usually very readible, but
most documents prepared in smaller organizations are not using the more
expensive Adobe version really needed.

John

  _____