re: jaws accessing IP: 170.35.236.77:

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:52:24 -0500

Vic,

My first thought was that perhaps your JFW 7 might be trying to connect to the FS ILM-based activation web page to authorize a new install of JAWS, but when I copied that IP into my browser, it took me to a Cingular Wireless cell-phone web page. I suspect your firewall may be mistakenly pointing at JAWS as the culprit, when in fact, it may be something else. Make sure your anti-virus, anti-spyware programs are up to date in their definitions. If the problem persists, I'd try contacting FS tech support about the problem. HTH

Alan

Vic wrote:
I get the below message from my firewall.
Application file for JAWS is trying to
access the Internet.
Application: jfw.exe
Destination IP: 170.35.236.77: