in windows 7 with 64 bit jaws reads folder groups

  • From: "joanne" <houseofmusic3345@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:52:46 -0500

Really didn't know how to state this in subject line, but if anyone may have
worked with Windows 7 on 64 bit machines, you'll know that when you open
folders they are set up in a weird way and Jaws just isn't reading them right.
Apparently these folders are set up in groups from, say 0 to 9; and then songs
or other things starting with a through h has its own little group, etc.  So
when opening a folder Jaws can no longer say exactly how many items you have,
and as you select files (or try to) Jaws keeps saying the group your items are
in, like for instance it keeps saying q through z or whatever group.
Apparently these aren't trees and I have been told that the folders are in a
list view, but that isn't the way Jaws reads them.  I just wondered if there is
a fix for this--like somehow getting rid of these 0 to 9 or whatever boxes, or
if not is there a way in Verbosity to stop it from always saying what group
you're in as you select?  Why they've grouped folders like this I don't
understand, but that's another issue.  I just wonder if someone has done
something to get folder views back into normal, XP-type list views so Jaws
reads the whole list and can see the exact number of files you really
have--instead of Jaws getting hung up in one of these letter group boxes.

Thanks.