Re: how do i stop jaws from saying rewind when using real player?

  • From: "Stephen Jolley" <stephenjolley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:16:45 +1100

I use the Real Player Basic version 10.5.  If not the current version, it's
very close to it.

There are two rewind controls.

Control plus Left arrow goes back a small increment and says "Rewind".

On the otherhand, Control plus Shift plusLeft arrow goes back a larger
increment (about six seconds) and does not say "rewind".

Incidenttaly, even when in the  native Real Player (which is where these
controls function), one can rewind a live stream and relisten.  It's a great
facility.  The buffer setting is in the preferences and whilst is default 30
minutes can be extended to twelve hours.

All works very well with JFW.

Stephen Jolley
Melbourne Australia