hi listers

  • From: "samer" <samer_hussain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:41:09 +0200

I had to uninstall Service Pack 2 as it failed half way
through install. Ever since then I when I switch on my
laptop it says that new hardware has been
found then tries to install Compal E-POWER Driver, then
it can't find a file called HKDRV.sys and fails.

It doesn't seem to cause any problems and I don't even
know what a Compal E-POWER is or does so if no-one knows
what the HKDRV.sys is then could someone
at least tell me how to stop my laptop trying to install
this new 'hardware'. Unless someone can tell me its very
important?

    Thanks v.much