Re: help with changing a yahoo email address from a group to another one with jaws

  • From: "Sameer" <salatey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:05:09 +0530

Dear Daniel,

You can subscribe to the desired Yahoo Group initially using your Yahoo email
Id. Once subscribed to the group, log in to your Yahoo email Id & visit the
homepage of the group you have subscribed to. On the group homepage, there is a
link for "Edit Settings". Clicking on this link will open a webpage containing
various settings like profile, mode of receipt of mails & email account in
which to receive the group mails.

The second setting in the Edit Settings page deals with the account in which
you want to receive the group mails. By default, it is the Yahoo mail account
through which you have subscribed. You need to change this to your Hotmail
account. In case you are already receiving mails from other Yahoo Groups in
your Hotmail account, the Hotmail account will be displayed as one of the
options to receive the group mails. In case it is not among the available
options, you can specify the Hotmail account in the "Add New Account" edit box
in the Change Account option.

When you specify a new account in Yahoo Groups, Yahoo sends a email to the new
account to verify the same. Clicking on a link in the verification mail
registers the new account with Yahoo Groups. Now you need to go to the homepage
of the Yahoo Group again & click on Edit Settings. There, you can change the
account in which you want to receive group mails to your Hotmail account.

Hope that this will solve your query.

Your Friend
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India