google reader and jaws

  • From: Cristobal Muñoz <crismunoz54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:57:45 -0700

Hello list,

I?ve been playing around with Google reader and really haven?t found a
smooth or shall I say efficient way to get around it so I thought I?d ask
here if anyone else has tried using it for their rss needs and if so, what
have they done to get it to work for them? I?m currently using My Yahoo
because I can skip from subscription to subscription by heading (number 2
key) and if I?m in a particular ssbscription, then I can just press the 1
key to go headline by headline. That and I can arrange my subscriptions in
the order I want. Sports with sports, entertainment with entertainment,
finances with finances etc. I?ve found this to be a very easy and efficient
way to go through the page. I can?t seem to find anything similar with
Google reader though.

There?s nothing really wrong with My Yahoo per say. Just that it takes
longer to sift through it now that I?ve got over 70 subscriptions and
subsequently almost 1000 headlines to load every time I visit that page. I
just figured I?d look into Google reader since I?ve heard so much about how
it?s so great and blah blah.

Anyway, I thought I?d ask and hopefully someone can fill me in on how better
to use it or if I?m just wasting my time, they can tell me that too.

Thanks,

Cristobal