RE: fast accurate scanner for open book 8

  • From: Glen Jan <glenjan42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:38:11 +1100

Another vote for the Epson perfection - I have the 3200.
Get's a lot of lot of scanning work here with Omnipage 16.
Glen

At 12:14 pm 10-12-2008, you wrote:
Totally agree. I also have the Epson Perfection and I am quite pleased with it. Of course, price depends a lot on whether you want an auto feed or flat bed, i.e. one page at a time. If you go with the flatbed, You can get a perfectly good, name brand one for less than $100. I think that the speed depends on the OCR software and how much RAM your pc has. As I've said elsewhere, Omni Page Pro beats Open Book by a mile for half the price. It makes Open Book look sick.