excel2000 update problem

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:48:25 -0400

I have been using office2000 premium without problems, and last night ran
Office Update and installed all the updates and service packs recommended (up
to service pack 3) by the Microsoft website:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx

Now, when I run excel, there's no speech as I navigate around.  The program
itself works, but jaws doesn't respond as it did before updating.

It was working perfectly before the updates, announcing cell coordinates etc,
but not so after the updates.

Oddly enough, workbooks created before the update work fine in terms of Jaws,
but only if they are opened by clicking on their filename.  If I open excel and
then load them with control+o dialogue box, they don't work(when I say they
don't work, I mean jaws isn't reading and announcing as I navigate).
Similarly, the blank workbook that comes up upon excel startup is silent.

Any suggestions before I completely uninstall and re-install Office2000?

Phil Halton