error code 824 subcode 1 when installing jaws 6.2 or 7.0

  • From: "michael malver" <mmalver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:28:36 -0600

I have installed both jaws 6.2 and 7.0 on my desktop with no problem. I
decided to try and update my laptop.
When I do, the installer gets to 74% with jaws 7.0 and 83% with jaws 6.2
before saying
Error 824 subcode one
And then terminating.
I do own Norton 2005, but I disabled the autoprotect.  I run Norton goback,
but again, I disabled it thinking it could be the culprate.
I have run "disk cleanup" before the install, and have tried deleting
Program files\common files\ionstall shield\engine\6
At the request of freedom scientific.
Stilll, no go.
Any help would be wonderful.