Re: desktop showing in running apps

  • From: "Chris Chaffin" <chaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:28:28 -0400

Hi JoAnn,
I am not sure, but when I do a shift F10, I also have the desktop in my list
of running applications.  I do not have a blank spot when alt tabbing
between applications.
What happened to me one time was I had a blank spot when tabbing from the
task bar, start button and desktop.  The problem I was having was my active
desktop was turned on, and my desktop was set to 'view as a web page'.  I
don't know if that is your problem, but here is how you check:
1. Put the mouse somewhere on the desktop to where it is no where near a
icon.
2. Hit the right mouse click.
3. A context menu will appear for the desktop.
4. Your first choice is active desktop sub menu.
5. Right arrow on active desktop, and the first choice is view as web page.
6. Make sure there is no check mark next to the view as web page.
7. If there is a check mark, just hit enter on it to uncheck it.
Like I said, I don't know if this is your problem, but it is worth checking
into.
Hope this helps,
Chris Chaffin