re: dectalk access32 and jaws 8.0

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS users list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 15:11:02 -0700

I am currently using dec access32 with jaws 9 here on my laptop.

yes, the FS site does have the older version of dectalk which I downloaded and
which did not work for me at first. I believe that dectalk was on the Kurzweil
1000 CD. it's the older version and if you have kurzweil you will have that.
after having that installed (I didn't install it initially) I installed the
older version of dectalk over top and it works great. because the FS version
needed information that i did not have without the Kurzweil version, it would
not install. but once I had that installed, I could go ahead with the FS
version. I am assuming is the same one from GW Micro...

Patricia