Re: dead links

  • From: "Alice Dampman Humel" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:32:57 -0400

HI, David and all,
    I have the same problem on my laptop running the same stuff you describe
    I've got the same stuff on the desktop (except I've still got IE 7, I
think), and, knock on wood, I don't have htis error report problem.
    Sometimes, I can click on the "don't send' and get a little further, but
often, the whole thing shuts down or I can't get to the part of the web site I
want. In fact, sometimes, it happens on the very first page of a web site. NPR
and boston.com are both notorious for this behavior, so it's not restricted to
commercial websites or anything like that.
    At first, I sent the error reports, but I quickly gave up on that. Why
bother?
    I tried deleting cookies, deleting browsing history, and a couple of other
things I no longer remember. There was negligible improvement.
   Any help greatly appreciated that can fix this!

alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx