Re: control+c, control+x and control+v not announced while media player 11 is running

  • From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:19:01 -0300

MessageHi Andy,

    Several of us have noticed that the Copy and Cut commands, which are
announced when JAWS is first loaded, are not announced after a while. However,
you seem to have "hit the nail on the head," as it were, by actually
discovering the pattern.

    Since I first read your post, about a week ago, I have noted that this
phenomenon only occurs after Windows Media Player 11 is launched and, in fact,
it happens every time WMP 11 is launched. The only solution, at this point, is
to unload JAWS and then reload JAWS.

    I, for one, dealt with Freedom Scientific about this problem for quite a
while, earlier this year, but neither they nor I could find the pattern or the
permanent solution. They had hoped that one of the updates of JAWS 8 might fix
the problem, but that hasn't happened.

    Have you reported the problem to FS? If you have reported it to them, have
you told them what the pattern is? When I was talking and working with them,
back in the spring, they didn't know about the connection with WMP 11.

    Regards,

    Don