Re: configuring wordxp for Jaws users

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:42:01 -0800

Hi Moti,

I'm not sure why any one would want the ruler to be there, especially if you
can't see it to use it.  It works fine if it's on or off.  Personally, I
leave the ruler on because I wanna.

Word works well if you are in Normal or Print Layout view.  If you know how
to switch between the two views and know when they change, you'll be fine.
Word switches to Print Layout when it needs to, such as when you are
creating text in column format.  I know that and expect it.  So if I need
to, I switch to Normal view.  No problem there.

The task pane is a "joy" I found when I got Word XP.  I turned it off.  The
one I'm trying to handle right now is when the typist exits Word and did not
close the document.  We get a task pane informing that Word is attempting to
perform a document recovery, and do I want to recover my document.  Sigh.

I have always hated the automatic bullets and numbered lists.  Thank you for
mentioning that one.  I knew you are a good man.

Francis