complete retraction!(was Re: outlook express)

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:45:24 -0700

ah, Debbie!  My bad, as they say.  I just went to my Outlook Express Read
Options, tabbed down a couple of times and, to my dismay, discovered that
the option to have incoming mail in plain text only is unchecked, and I'm
certain that, just as you say, this is why links in my incoming emails are
nearly always active.

I must have made this setting decision so long ago that I totally forgot
having done it.  I do have my corresponding Send section set to dispatch
email only in plain text, as I remember hearing that this was preferable for
low vision recipients struggling to make sense of their email with
magnification or unassisted.  And I thought I'd set my incoming mail the
same.  But nope.  I am wrong.  Was wrong.

Need I say, Debbie, that you are one of the best informed contributors to
this list, by a long shot (no disrespect intended to everyone
else,certainly, which is why I took the trouble to check my settings instead
of assuming I had to be correct.

Ah, well.  Better to have clarified something for myself than to have been
right.  That's not very important.

Daniel