RE: command prompts

  • From: "Lisle, Ted \(CHFS DMS\)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:35:54 -0500

Quite a few of the old DOS commands are still around.  A straight
command can be faster than the Windows way of doing things, if you cut
your teeth in that old text-driven environment.  Quite a few of the
commands are arcane, and weren't all that useful 20 years ago, let alone
now.  However, there a few, such as the various incarnations of the dir
command (we used to call folders directories), or the format command
which can still be quite useful.  In fact, since the demise of File
Manager, I can't think of a way to format a disk in Windows.

Ted