Re: backup programmes compatible with Jaws

  • From: "dave_d0619" <dave_d0619@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:59:26 -0400

Now, the question is, having made a backup image of the main hard drive on
your computer, can you run the restore image without sighted assistance if
you wanted to put a new higher capacity hard drive in your computer.

In other words, having installed a new hard drive,before turning the
computer on, you put the first CD, or DVD into the combo drive (if that is
what you have), would it run the first CD, or DVD as a system disk, load the
restore program and then go on to install the backed up image to the new
hard drive from each disk in turn?

And having completed the restore, automatically restart the computer so that
windows comes up with JAWS speaking?

Now!  Wouldn't that be a nice, useful program to have, wouldn't it!

At present, I have a 160GB hard drive.  I would like to install a new,
higher capacity drive.

If I had such a program, I could restore my system to the new hard drive
without having to pay someone to install a new installation of Windows.  And
it would save me a lot of time having to install all of the programs I have
currently installed on my machine.

Oh!  For Utopia!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber